Friday 4 June 2010

Works Pictures

As you all are probably aware by now, Lisa and I are living temporarily in Cyprus and so all work has slowed to a near standstill with only the garden being tended.
I thought as I had so little to do I would bring the blog completely up to date with the building work photos and everything.

Well I think you've seen how it looks at present but I never posted the pics of the Steal work so here they are in reverse order.



The roof used to be supported by the kitchen wall so I had to replace it with a steel I beam. You can see the roof support, the wooden block on top of it. The I beam only cost £110 (I think, it's been a while) from a local steel supplier, I've been so tight in the pocket I chose to do all the work myself with help from friends and family. These pictures show Clive and my Dad Reg lining things up! thanks guys! couldn't have done it without you.

This pic shows the pit prop used to temporarily support the roof whilst we installed the I beam on engineering bricks and a steel slab.



No comments:

Post a Comment